|Home> Property Management> For Owners> Rent Ready Tips
|Property Management: Rent Ready Tips For Landlords
Based on our experience, there are six important factors in attracting a tenant.
- Neighborhood: You can have a positive impact on your existing neighborhood by properly selecting a tenant with good rental history.
- Appearance: You only get one chance to make a good first impression! Approach your property with an observant eye.
- Front and Back Lawn - Remove any existing clutter, make sure lawn is mowed and hedges trimmed.
- Paint - Touch up any minor blemishes on the interior and exterior walls with matching paint. Paint the interior or exterior of your home, use neutral colors which are warm and inviting. Please consult us on paint color suggestions for our Owners.
- Carpets - Carpets and floor are clean.
- Window Covering - Make sure all window coverings are in good condition.
- Appliance - Make sure all appliances are in working condition.
- Floor Plan: An empty room always feels larger so if your home is currently occupied de-clutter as much as possible.
- Rent Levels: Set your rent at the market rent rate because nothing costs more than a vacant property.
- Amenities: Replace a worn out light fixture with an inexpensive ceiling fan and light kit. Replace old window coverings with new vinyl mini blinds. Replace any damaged or dirty switch plates and outlet covers with new ones. Replace outdated cabinet fixtures with new fixtures. Install a new bathroom vanity, medicine cabinet or new shower curtain. Please consult with us on tips on how to get your home rent ready.
- Experience, Expertise, and Reputation: Work with an expert in the field. At American Property Management we are committed to maximizing your cash flow, minimizing your vacancy period, protecting your investments, and providing you full management services by handling everything on your behalf so you can spend your time on more important things through our 14+ years of experience. We are members of NARPM (National Association of Residential Property Managers) and Sacramento Association of Realtors. We actively support local organizations and charities. Contact us at 916-482-6899 for our Sacramento Office or Click HERE to email us to find out how we can help you with your investment goals!